If you would like to write me more in private, please send me a line at OneStitchNirvana@gmail.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

Just beautiful...

I love it!  We got snow here today again and I am like a kid!  I just came back from the grocery store, where I picked up pounds and pounds of outdoor bird food and then I just had to shovel the walk way.  I truly enjoy shoveling snow, which is something completely new for me (the "enjoy" part that is, not the "shovel" part).  Just started this winter.
Yep, I know that it was 11.30 pm when I started shoveling, but I just can't help myself - I had to get out and do it.  Plus I cheated and took a nap earlier in the evening, so it is really just around 10 pm right now in Jenny-time.  That is how it works, right!?
So, I love the snow - not crazy about how some people drive here in slick conditions though.  While out shoveling my little heart out, some clown failed to manage to stop at the stop sign at the T-crossing that our house lies in.  The driver swung wildly out in the main road and proceeded to turn the car around 180 degrees by randomly breaking & gassing wildly.  I am standing, just looking at the equipage while shaking my head in disbelief.  After the pirouette came the "maybe I'll get out of this if I push down the gas to the bottom of the car" stage.  Major failure; the wheels just spun while the car remained in the same spot.  The driver then decided that the only way to get home was to back the car all the way down to their house, about 300 yards down the street...  Sigh!  I was not exactly thrilled to realize that they live in the same neighborhood, just a few houses down the street....   Now I also strongly suspect that I know who left tire tracks in our front yard (!) last time it snowed...

Anyway, I wanted to show you some pictures before I hop off to bed:

See here at the second photo?  You can see the top of the red couch back.  This is where our parrots sit and gawk out at the sparrow, cardinals, blue jays, doves and squirrels havving meals at the bird feeders.

Speaking of snow, my colleague The Barbarian (she did not like the first name I picked for her: "MissS", so I had to rename her...  I am really trying to run a democratic show here!) showed My other co-worker P.Snicety and me a really funny video earlier today:

Other than that, I am slowly progressing on Anne Maria Clarke while watching Monk on Netflix.  Unfortunately, I really like Monk, so I tend to watch a bit more of what is going on on the screen than I did back when I watched all the Murder She Wrote and Columbo shows...  :-)

Oh, and I ordered all the floss for my Hearstring Samplery sampler today - I am very excited!

Take care and, if you have it, enjoy the snow!  :-D

4 comments:

  1. We received 6" of snow yesterday. I too shoveled snow but didn't seem to enjoy as much as you :-)
    I've been in the house stitching away as school has been cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we don't live next door to each other, you could've visited with Mr. L-bug. He was out there after he got home last night shoveling away. Not me, I was safely tucked away between flannel sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily two enterprising young men came to our door and asked if we wanted our very steep driveway shoveled!! Neither DH or I could have done it, so that was a real saver!! My car was down at the bottom of the driveway in the garage, and I was thinking I would be stuck for a looooonnnng time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on that one. I love the snow and everything that comes with it! Great clip :) Pusspuss

    ReplyDelete