If you would like to write me more in private, please send me a line at OneStitchNirvana@gmail.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011

HooT - HooT!!!

I finished the piece for the exchange on the upcoming retreat - with 5 days to spare! :-) I decided to stitch up one of the latest Just Nan's; the little orange needle-book owl Ollie. The timing was pretty much perfect; I had pre-ordered a lot of Nan's fall designs weeks back through Silver Needle and the package arrived on Wednesday (I did get Percy too...). How is that for destiny!? Good to not have to make a decision on my own! LOL

It stitched up pretty quickly, even though there were lots of color changes for a relatively tiny design - a very characteristic Just Nan piece.
What I really like about her designs is that they have a lot of impact with bold colors - even though they often are small -, not too much stitching, and stitched with DMCs. That is great, since the design can be stitched several times, so it is a good value!

I bought a linen piece from SN that was especially cut up for Ollie. SN gets an A+ for the size of the cut; if I had planned my stitching placement a bit better, I could probably have squeezed in 5 more Ollies... Now, I will get at least three more, which is cool. I liked the idea that Nan suggest; "snap on a branch for fall decor" - how super-cute would that be!?

Anyway, I'd better stop typing and just show off Ollie - DH has already passed ou t on the couch at 9:58 PM... - hoot-hoot!

Take care and have a wonderful Labor Day if you live in the US!

13 comments:

  1. Jenny, He is tooooo stinkin' cute. I am going to make sure I get yours in the exchage....sorry to the others at the retreat :-) ~~ Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..he is so cute..i love him so much..
    keep well and happy monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, that little guy is adorable!! I love it. Great finish!

    Enjoy your Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, Love Ollie. He is so incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great finish! Owlie is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww he is sooo cute :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love him, he's so cute! You must make yourself one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He came out very cute! Can't wait to get him in the exchange! Sorry about your luck Christie. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's adorable... and now you have room for a whole flock :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hihi, vilken sötpaj! Pussar från Lima!

    ReplyDelete