Hi there! I am writing a quick update before hitting the road to work!
My cheating this weekend paid off! I did finish up The Dragon of Hope for my LLS and I like the result. The chart comes with two options for the globe, so I thought that one of them can be used as a really cute fob, so that is the plan as of today. ;-)
Since I am pretty bad at posting progress pics, you get both one of those and the finished stitch. As you can see, I started with the easier part and saved the confetti stitching for last. I would say that this is a very quick stitch either way. It was also almost fun to back-stitch. I haven't had to do that for ages!
And here below is the finished DT Pumpkin pocket. The finishing was pretty easy and I would almost say clever. Oh, and see that pretty polka-dot pumpkin colored lining fabric below? Well, it is reversible and is a Gingham on the other side. Too cute! I made sure that I cut it very carefully, so now I have a snippet left to use for something fun! I am thinking that I may try to make a tiny pumpkin pin-cushion, kinda' like a tomato pin-cushion, but with pumpkin colored fabric.
I opted to go with a silk ribbon instead of a Hedebo-ring, because the finished purse does not really want to close..... I am not real pleased with the thickness of the ribbon - I think that it needs to be several times thicker, both for looks and for practical reasons. If I find something in the future, I'll probably "update" this piece.So, if I were to sum up; fun stitch, easy finishing, great material, and a pretty cute result! (I have no idea what to use it for, though... ;-))
Well, that's it for now. Have a great Tuesday and talk with you in a bit! Happy Stitching!!!!